BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Everafter by Amy Huntley


Review from Amazon
Seventeen-year-old Madison Stanton is dead. When she awakes in a vast expanse of nothingness, she realizes that she doesn't remember her past life, much less how she died. As she explores her surroundings, she finds glowing items scattered about her, such as a bracelet, a pair of socks, keys, and a sweatshirt. When she imagines putting the shirt on her nonexistent body, she's brought back to a moment in her former life. From this experience she learns that every object around her is something that she lost while she was alive, and that using it will bring her spirit back to the moment in which it went missing. Armed with this knowledge, she attempts to discover how she died. With some help from the spirits of her boyfriend Gabe and her ex-friend Tammy, Madison learns the shattering truth of her demise. This fresh take on a teen's journey of self-exploration is a compelling and highly enjoyable tale. Huntley expertly combines a coming-of-age story with a supernatural mystery that keeps readers engrossed until the climactic ending. This touching story will appeal to those looking for a ghost story, romance, or family drama.


The Everafter officially changed my view on the dead. I don't know what the author was thinking, but it was genius! I couldn't put this book away. I was even under the covers with my i-touches flash-light secretly wanting to know what was going to happen next. To be honest this story had a very slow start. At first I was very bored, I was going to stamp this book under the DO NOT READ! but then I kept reading... (like I should've done with ten things I hate about me, and I will do) and I actually was excited to finish the book. The ending was the most surprising, i never saw it coming, well i sort of did after a while but i never thought the hatred was so severe. (If you finish the book you'll understand) I have to admit that other than the slow start this book is one of my favorite of the year. Her actual understanding of her death how to move on with it was amazing. Because i don't know how i would feel if my life was taken too early, i wouldn't think i would accept it. Without further or due, this book was....
Worth Reading!!
4.5 stars

2 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

I really liked this one. But I think I need to read it again...because I've already forgotten what happens.

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Great review! I have a copy of this and really can't wait to read it! :)