BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What are YOU reading on Mondays (2)



What am I reading? I am reading a book club book. I just finished a book called inexcusable.

Inexcusable by Chris Lynch

I was extremely cautious to apporoach this book because it has to do with rape, and it is on the side of the rapist. I would never approach the book in the library but the library insisted it was good, she was right! But as soon as I heard the words "This book was excellent! It's about a guy who RAPES... " the other words kind of drowned out, I mean I heard everything else, but after reading Push By sapphire (I have yet to blog about it) I realized that I should stay away from all those kinds of books, that book made me cry A LOT! So I don't WANT to cry a lot, because those books make me realize that people go through that everyday... and that makes me even more upset! But anyways the plot was excellent and I was appalled at the whole thing. The author really did something unique he told the story from the rapist's point of view which is interesting. Because my first reaction was "YOU KNOW YOU DID IT YOU PHYSCO!! STOP LYING!" I closed the book a lot! Even slammed it down when gigi started talking! It was hard for me to finish the book, but I did! The book was really good! I can't wait to actually review it.

I am currently reading... WAKE by Lisa McMann

It's for bookclub and I really LOVE this choice! The book reminds me of The Everafter, I am currently on page 64 and I love it already, I have to finish it by Friday, I got it on Monday because I had After school on Friday, My extra activities have kept me away from my blog. But The plot is awesome, it is told from a third person point of view. I actually find all of the dreams interesting, they are mostly strange and I was thinking while I woke up from one of those incredibly annoying dreams when you fall off a cliff and feel yourself falling, "what are my siblings dreaming about right now." Is that how everyone dreams? Like the Everafter this book challenges you to dig deeper into a topic most people know very well. For the Everafter it was death, but for Wake it is dreams, not only the good ones but the ones you have in class, the nightmares and the very inappropriate dreams you would dieeee if anyone knew you were having.


0 comments: