BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sorry

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with my blog, I've been super busy!

So here are the posts I've probably missed.

Wishlist Wednesday (1)

From Barnes and Noble:

April 29, 2010: "This polished prequel to Sex and the City reveals the ample drama that filled Carrie Bradshaw's life before her move to Manhattan. With wit and insight, Carrie chronicles her emotionally charged senior year at a small Connecticut high school." -Book Summary online barnesandnobles.com.

This book was a very disappointing read. I was excited to start reading this book because I thought it was going to be based on the character from the HBO hit TV show, Sex and the City. The Carrie Bradshaw in this book and the Carrie Bradshaw in the television series are not the same Carrie. I actually had to stop reading this book a few chapters in because I began to get confused. I knew the Carrie from the television series quite well and the fact that in this book her father is present in her life was not making sense. Finally after reading other reviews, it cleared everything up for me. Candace Bushnell wrote Carrie as she saw her and wanted her to be, not bothering to take into account that her beloved Carrie had already evolved quite differently. I think this book would have been much better if the actual story lines were in sync. It is a good book and story. I found the Carrie Bradshaw in the book to be quite mature mentally beyond her years. If you're looking to read a book based on your favorite character from the hit HBO series, Sex and the City, I must warn you- you're going to be very disappointed. This books main character should have had a different name or Candace Bushnell should have watched her own show and done her research. Overall, it appears Candace Bushnell used the name Carrie Bradshaw to sell another book.











"Hello, David. My name is Rose. It’s a pleasure to meet you. We are now entering minute two of our friendship. According to my Intimacy Clock, a handshake is now appropriate…"

David and Charlie are opposites. David has a million friends, online and off. Charlie is a soulful outsider, off the grid completely. But neither feels close to anybody. When David’s parents present him with a hot Companion bot to encourage healthy bonds and treat "dissociative disorder," he can’t get enough of luscious red-headed Rose — and he can’t get it soon. Companions come with strict intimacy protocols, and whenever he tries anything, David gets an electric shock. Severed from the boy she was built to love, Rose turns to Charlie, who finds he can open up, knowing Rose isn’t real. With Charlie’s help, the ideal "companion" is about to become her own best friend.
In a stunning and hilarious debut, John Cusick takes rollicking aim at internet culture and our craving for meaningful connection in an uber-connected world.


I'm worried about the cover, Not that I care there are a lot of worser covers in YA, but I don't know, my parents aren't really understanding in something like a girl coming from a box, like it's not THAT big of a deal but my mom will probably ask "What kind of book is THAT?" then I'll try to explain and then in her French accent she'll say "I still don't understand!" then my dad will ask and it goes on and on... Until my mom will read it herself! Whatever I'm going to read it anyway!


What are you reading Mondays? (2)





On Monday, I was reading

1. The Hunger games by Suzanne Collins, I was on page 148 and the book was intense and really good.
2. I went to the library to pick out a free- reading book and I got... Little Black Lies by Tish Cohen! I was on pg 48 before going to bed.

The Hunger games: I love the hunger games, it had a really slow start, but it started getting a little more dramatic as soon as Prim's name gets picked out of the raffle! I questioned if I would do the same thing for my sister, and when I brought up the situation, we both said that we'd have to be put into that situation to decide... Don't take me WRONG but I would definately dodge a bullet for any of my siblings, but if i would participate in that sort of game, I don't know, I probably would, anyway the whole ceremony was sad. The book is great so far!

Little Black Lies- I thought this book was going to be something like Gossip Girl, Boy was I wrong! Sara is really shy and kind of a follower! That really pisses me off. She has No moral standards when it somes to impressing Carling, even ditching her best friend! But one thing that she does that I have to say I totally understand is, lie about her father's job, I mean come on, he's an OCD janitor, and I would be extremely embarrassed myself! Not only because the disorder but because he's a janitor!! I feel bad about her mom leaving her, and the constant flashbacks that she keeps getting about her mother makes it ovious that she is the villian in the story, and it makes it clear what she was doing to the family. How couldn't Sara have noticed I mean it was so clear! The mother situation is making me pity Sara! The book is getting better and I find it actually interesting definately a good read!




0 comments: